Thursday, April 9, 2015

Family room follow-up & our DIY picture ledge

This room has been slow to complete but it's getting there.
Recently, we were able to tackle above the couch.


Chris built this picture ledge using scrap wood he had in the garage.
I don't have a step-by-step tutorial but this post here gives more details on how to make one!


Once the ledge was assembled, I stained it and then we just screwed it into the wall.



The white frames are Ikea and the wood ones are Target that were previously hanging in our foyer.


I don't really plan on keeping the existing art and photographs but for the sake of not having empty frames, I just filled them with things I already had.




Here are a few prints I'm currently eyeing to fill the frames:

Etsy

Etsy

Etsy

- Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. Love how your room is coming along. Love the pictures you already have in the frames, but the prints you shared are really nice too. Can't go wrong with Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I think your room looks great and I really like those prints you have been eying!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! If you have a question, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.